Posts tagged Ron Paul
Posts tagged Ron Paul
Everyone should read this to understand just SOME of the fuckery that goes on without the public’s knowledge
Who are you more inclined to believe?
It’s a double edged sword, and one we have to accept and protect.
If Republicans want a real shot, it’s about time they paid attention to this.
you can expect the fast track to the loser’s spot.
Unless it’s Ron Paul, my vote goes to Obama. It’s as simple as that. And I think there’s a lot of individuals out there with similar sentiments.
CNN asks Ron Paul about racist writings he DID NOT AUTHOR (10 min 37 sec)
In this interview with CNN, Ron Paul categorically denies that he’s a racist
(3:16) Interviewer: “Alright, let’s talk about it. How could this happen because I’ve gone through some of these old Ron Paul newsletters and its got your name bannered on the top and some of these comments as we just heard from Brian’s speech is pretty shocking.”
Ron Paul: “Yeah, it is, and of course it’s been rehashed long time and it’s coming up for political reasons, but everybody knows in my district that I didn’t write them and I don’t speak like that and nobody has heard me say anything like that and I’ve been re-elected time and time again so everybody knows that I don’t participate in that type of language. But the point is, when you bring this question up, you’re really saying ‘You’re a racist’ or ‘Are you a racist?’ and the answer is no, I’m not a racist.
The matter of fact, Rosa Parks is one of my heroes, Martin Luther King is a hero, because they practised the libertarian principle of civil disobedience non-violence. Libertarians are incapable of being a racist because racism is a collectivist idea, you see people in group. A civil libertarian like myself see everybody as an important individual. It’s not the color of your skin that’s important, as Martin Luther King said, what is important is the character of the individual.”
(8:59) Interviewer: “I just want to be clear because this is a chance for you to respond; you repudiate all of these racist comments, all of the slurs that are contained even though it contains the name ‘Ron Paul’ in these newsletters?”
Ron Paul: “Well, the most important thing is anything I’ve ever said in my life has repudiated that for years and years and years, so I do repudiate EVERYTHING that is written along those lines and what I heard tonight. And like I said, I’ve never read that before, if you ask me to dig up a copy of that, I wouldn’t have the vaguest idea. That’s how unimportant it was to me, but obviously it is important that needs to be ironed out in many ways. I should thank you bringing it about so I could clarify this and make sure everybody knew where I stood on this position because it’s obviously wrong.
People who know me, NOBODY is going to believe this, absolutely nobody. Just like you said, you’ve known me for a good many years and good many interviews and that’s just not my language, that’s not my life. I mean, I honorably respect the civil rights movement and the civil disobedience and right now I really think that people have to think about the real discrimination in this country today has to do with the drug laws. What other candidate would take it upon themself and challenge this whole system of the judiciary which is so unfair to minorities. Now talk about that, that’s what I want people to hear. And out of fairness, that message needs to get out.”
When people bring this up, what they are essentially saying is “He’s a racist”.
It also means they have no better arguments against him except “He’s a racist.”
This is the one thing people like to bring up about him- and being a Sri Lankan American, I would agree that having followed Ron Paul for years, none of those writings fit him at all. So let it go.
Quotes from Ron Paul, pictured here with the founders of white supremacist website Stormfront:
- “If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be.”
- “Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,’ I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.”
- “We don’t think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That’s true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such.”
- ”I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities.”
- ”Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began. … What if the checks had never arrived? No doubt the blacks would have fully privatized the welfare state through continued looting. But they were paid off and the violence subsided.”
- “Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action.”
- “Boy, it sure burns me to have a national holiday for that pro-communist philanderer, Martin Luther King. I voted against this outrage time and time again as a Congressmen [sic]. What an infamy that Ronald Reagan approved it! We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day.”
- “Our priority should be to take the anti-government, anti-tax, anti-crime, anti-welfare loafers, anti-race privilege, anti-foreign meddling message of [KKK Grand Wizard David] Duke, and enclose it in a more consistent package of freedom.”
- “Duke lost the election, but he scared the blazes out of the Establishment. If the official Republican hadn’t been ordered to drop out, he might have won…Duke carried baggage from his past, but voters were willing to overlook that. And if he had been afforded the forgiveness that an ex-Communist gets, he might have won.”
- On the end of apartheid: “It is the destruction of civilization.”
- “The criminals who terrorize our cities — in riots and on every non-riot day — are not exclusively young black males, but they largely are. As children, they are trained to hate whites, to believe that white oppression is responsible for all black ills, to ‘fight the power,’ to steal and loot as much money from the white enemy as possible.”
- “Although we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers.”
- He also mocked the idea of renaming NYC after MLK (which is a silly idea, but nonetheless), saying it should be instead renamed ”Welfaria,” “Zooville,” “Rapetown,” “Dirtburg,” or “Lazyopolis.” Of the rally on the subject, he suggests that ”[n]ext time, hold that demonstration at a food stamp bureau or a crack house.”
I already knew Ron Paul was a bigot, but where are these quotes from?! I must know!
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS??? I have no doubt that this is all bullshit and falsified. Hell, it doesn’t even sound like Ron Paul and the way he articulates himself. This is fucking nonsense and I want to know where this is coming from. There’s no sources, and a picture that’s just thrown in. WTF MATE?
Congressman Ron Paul is leading by a significant margin in Iowa, according to preliminary results of a new TeleResearch poll. …
Survey sample size is approximately 2,900, with almost 700 likely Republican caucus-goers. Indiana’s TeleResearch Corp., which has been polling voters for more than 18 years, reports that the margin of error is less than 3%.
Factoring in both Republican caucus-goers and disaffected Democrats and Independents who’ve indicated that they will participate in the Iowa Republican Caucus, Ron Paul leads at 25%, with an approximate 4-point advantage over Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain.
When only currently-registered Republicans are factored in, Ron Paul and Herman Cain both lead with 22%, while Gingrich has 21%, Mitt Romney has 17%, Michele Bachmann has 7%, Rick Perry has 6%, Rick Santorum has 4% and Jon Huntsman has 1%.
Go Ron Paul Go!
Ron Paul= No wars
Amongst other things, this is a good 101 on why Ron Paul is not just another GOP schmuck.
more Ron Paul on my dashboard. Pronto!
“If your spiritual life, which is a serious responsibility, and your intellectual life is a serious responsibility, why is it that we assume you can have free decisions there, why shouldn’t you have free decisions on what you eat, drink, smoke and put into your own body?” - Ron Paul
I’m thankful for Ron Paul.
What was revealed in the audit was startling: $16,000,000,000,000.00 had been secretly given out to US banks and corporations and foreign banks everywhere from France to Scotland. From the period between December 2007 and June 2010, the Federal Reserve had secretly bailed out many of the world’s banks, corporations, and governments. The Federal Reserve likes to refer to these secret bailouts as an all-inclusive loan program, but virtually none of the money has been returned and it was loaned out at 0% interest.
Citigroup: $2.5 trillion ($2,500,000,000,000)
Morgan Stanley: $2.04 trillion ($2,040,000,000,000)
Merrill Lynch: $1.949 trillion ($1,949,000,000,000)
Bank of America: $1.344 trillion ($1,344,000,000,000)
Barclays PLC (United Kingdom): $868 billion ($868,000,000,000)
Bear Sterns: $853 billion ($853,000,000,000)
Goldman Sachs: $814 billion ($814,000,000,000)
Royal Bank of Scotland (UK): $541 billion ($541,000,000,000)
JP Morgan Chase: $391 billion ($391,000,000,000)
Deutsche Bank (Germany): $354 billion ($354,000,000,000)
UBS (Switzerland): $287 billion ($287,000,000,000)
Credit Suisse (Switzerland): $262 billion ($262,000,000,000)
Lehman Brothers: $183 billion ($183,000,000,000)
Bank of Scotland (United Kingdom): $181 billion ($181,000,000,000)
BNP Paribas (France): $175 billion ($175,000,000,000)
and many many more including banks in Belgium of all places
And here we have the evil of the Fed exposed. Unelected men bailing out huge corporations to benefit them. Corporatism at its finest. Hopefully the audit (brought up by Ron Paul and Alan Grayson) will push the idea forward that the institution is doing us no good. People should inspect this more and find that both parties are looking to monetize debt by the Fed and stay in the pockets of businesses; this central bank is what is keeping our economy in ruins for consumers and booming for rich businessmen.
If you ever doubted that the Federal Reserve is evil incarnated, well doubt no more
This is proof they are of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations.
The list of names is absolutely staggering. This is why Ron Paul is our only hope for a real future.
da clock is ticking maaaa duuuude
And soon it will be time to get Ron Paul the reins on this bullshit and let him sort it all out. And I can’t wait.